Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Mammoth mixed game session!

After a fairly quiet weekend, particularly for Las Vegas, where I picked up a new external hard drive & had a shortish session of $1/2NL at the Flamingo, I rounded off the weekend with a session in the $3/6 mixed game at the Imperial Palace.
The Flamingo session was fairly uneventful, with the highlight being a hand where a player opened for $10 & I called on the button with 55. The hand was checked to the river (think the final board was something like T9742) & I thought for a few seconds before checking behind on the river ... and my opponent mucked! Ship the pot! Also managed to lose the two big hands of the night to the same guy ... first when I tried (unsuccessfully of course) to get him off top pair with my middle pair (where I was betting every street, including pre-flop), then later I ran my AK into his KT on a KT8K6 board.
The mixed game at the IP was surprisingly tight this time. There were few hands that were 5 or more to the flop (or draw) & few that had 4 or 5 bets in pre-flop. Made for a different dynamic from previous nights in the IP mixed game! I got off to a slow start, but hit some run good around 3am (some 5 hours after I sat down) & this continued until the game broke at around 9am! I'm sure my body clock is going to be somewhat askew for the next day or two as a result, but its always good to book a decent win in a game that is enjoyable to play ... complete with the challenges of trying to figure out if you have the best hand, or should bet or check in a game like double flop Omaha or 3-2-1 Omaha, or 4 card crazy ocean Pineapple! I think this will be a place to find me if you are in Vegas on a Sunday night for the next few weeks.
Next on the agenda: some more tourist stuff, a haircut ... and some poker.

No comments:

Post a Comment