Tuesday, October 5, 2010

ANZPT 8 Game

In short, I simply didn't make hands!
I think during the whole tournament I managed to win one showdown (a 2-7 hand where I was all-in against 2 others) & split one pot (heads-up in Stud 8 where my opponent was all-in on 6th & the hand was already a chop).
I managed to stay afloat by picking up blinds & antes from time to time, however these hands rarely made it to the big bet rounds, so there was a limit to my gains.
While this was happening, I also managed to get involved in hands (marginal at best, but I simply did not have any big hands other than the Stud 8 hand that was chopped) where I simply missed draws & occasionally managed to make second best hands.
Of course in all of this, I still managed to outlast three others on the table (one cooler hand, one guy who was very active and seemingly looking to give his chips away who ran into a PLO beat & one other player who appeared to have a run similar to mine and just didn't make hands and kept missing draws) & finished around 30th out of the 40 starters.
The event itself turned into a triumph for the 'old guard', with the event being won by Leo Boxell ahead of David Gorr & Graeme Putt.

No comments:

Post a Comment