Friday, October 1, 2010

Mini Challenge ... slow start

First decent session ... and I've already broken some of the rules. At some stages I had as many as 6 tables running at a time & with a $10 buy-in on each table it meant that I had gone over the theoretical $40 bankroll I had for this challenge ... but its more about the principle than anything.
Of course it didn't help that I ran horribly! End of session total ... -$22! Eeek!
Some highlights (excuse the sarcasm & the multiple hand history descriptions):

Raising AA UTG+1 & getting called by the cutoff & BB.
Flop 248 I bet & cutoff calls.
Turn 5 (3 spades - I have the As) I bet & cutoff calls.
River 6 (3 spades, 2 diamonds) I bet, cutoff raises & I call.
Cutoff shows A3o for turned wheel.

New player Posts in cutoff & I raise QJs in the hijack. Cutoff 3-bets & I call.
Flop Q32 rainbow. I check-call.
Turn 4, river 8. I check-call both streets.
Cutoff shows AA.

I raise UTG+1 with AKo & called by both blinds.
Flop K94 all spades. BB bets, I raise & both call.
Turn 2s & it is checked through.
River is Kd. BB bets. Both I & SB call.
BB has AsQd SB has 7s7c & my AcKh is coming last. Any other river card (with the possible exception of a river A) & I simply fold the river ... but no, the card that makes me call & lose is right there!

I raise KJo from hijack & BB 3-bets. I call.
Board runs out J5436 & I call every street.
BB shows JJ for top set!

I raise KQo in MP & get calls from cutoff, button & BB.
Flop Q87. I bet, button calls, BB calls.
Turn 9. I bet, button calls, BB raises, I call, button calls.
River K. BB bets, I raise, BB 3-bets, I call.
BB shows QQ for flopped top set! No raise pre-flop or on the flop (flush draw on flop) & not only does his hand hold up, but he finds a river that gets me to raise!

I raise A7s in the cutoff & called by BB.
Flop 732. BB bets, I raise, BB 3-bets & I call.
Turn 8. BB bets, I call.
River 3. BB checks, I check.
BB shows 33 for quads! Somehow BB was hoping for a check-raise on the river, but I'm almost definitely going to call a bet on the river as it changes very little about the hand. If my 7 was good on the turn, then its most likely still good on the river (and vice-versa obviously).

UTG+1 & UTG+2 limp, SB calls & I check A4o in BB.
Flop A84. I bet. UTG+2 & SB call.
Turn 5. I bet UTG+2 calls.
River 8. I bet. UTG+2 calls.
UTG+2 has 67o for a turned straight!

I raise UTG+2 & BB calls.
Flop 469. BB bets, I raise, BB calls.
Turn 7. BB bets. I call.
River A. BB bets, I call.
BB shows AQo for rivered top pair!

Cutoff raises. I call on button with KQo & BB calls.
Flop KJT. Cutoff bets. I raise. Cutoff 3-bets & I call.
Turn 9. Cutoff bets, I raise, Cutoff 3-bets & I call.
River 6. Cutoff bets, I call.
Cutoff shows AQo for flopped broadway!

I raise AQo UTG. Called by button & BB.
Flop QTT. I bet, button calls.
Turn 6. I bet, button calls.
River 9. I bet, button raises & I call.
Button shows 99 for rivered full house!

Cutoff raises, button calls, I 3-bet from SB with KK, BB calls, cutoff calls & button calls.
Flop T32. I bet, BB calls, cutoff calls, button calls.
Turn 4. I bet, cutoff calls, button raises, I 3-bet & button calls.
River 9. I bet, button raises, I call.
Button shows 24s for turned 2 pair.

UTG & UTG+1 limp. I raise KK from SB. BB 3-bets, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, I cap & everyone calls.
Flop 322. I bet, all call
Turn J. I bet, BB calls.
River A. I bet. BB calls.
BB shows AQo for rivered top pair.

I raise AJs in MP. cutoff, button & BB call.
Flop AQ6. I bet & all call.
Turn 7. I bet & button calls.
River Q. I bet (all-in - yes, it was that bad) & button calls.
Button shows KQo for rivered trips.

I raise UTG+1 with AQo & get called by MP, hijack, SB & BB.
Flop QQ8. I bet, MP calls, hijack raises, BB calls, I 3-bet, MP calls, hijack calls & BB calls.
Turn K (3 spades on board). I bet, MP calls, hijack raises, BB calls, I call, hijack calls.
River K. BB bets. I call, hijack raises, BB calls & I call.
BB shows Q8o for flopped full house.
hijack shows KK for turned full house & rivered quads.
I muck ... behind all the way & drawing dead from the turn! Yes, a good old $12 pot at 25/50c!

Of course I did actually win some hands in the sessions ... but still ... not the start I was looking for in the challenge.
May the weekend grinding while watching the footy grand finals prove to be more fruitful!
Of course I'm going for the Roosters in the NRL & the Saints in the AFL by the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment