Thursday, May 20, 2010

USA Day 14 & 15

Yes, I skipped a day. Not much different to other days ... it was more poker!
Played in a 7pm tourney at the Bike & took the now standard bad beat with myself and another player all-in pre-flop 3-ways. I have KK, the short stack has TT & the guy who has us both covered has JJ. Of course the J hits on the flop & I'm out just after the first break.
Also played the $335 at the Commerce (event 19 of the Cal State Champs) & had Jerry Yang (2007 WSOP Main Event winner) sitting directly to my right. After folding for the first level or so I went on a rollercoaster for the whole tournament, which didn't end until I busted (yes, I lasted longer than Jerry Yang!). To give you an idea, here are some of the highlights:
doubled up with J8cc v KQo on a flop of Qc9h6c when I rivered a flush; doubled an opponent up the very next hand with AQ v 33 on a Q43 flop; doubled up another short stack All-in pre-flop with AQ v KT on a QJ9Q6 board; tripled up with AJ v AQ (after a slowroll when all-in pre-flop) when I flopped top 2 pair; finally eliminated when I ran AK into 77 on a board of A747T.
Ah, love this game. Hopefully the main event will be somewhat smoother sailing.
Also played some cash as well, with mixed results. It seems like I run horribly in many of the bigger pots in the hi-lo mix game at Hollywood Park, whether it is Omaha or Stud & somehow my opponent(s) always seem to find the card(s) they need to scoop or quarter me.
Also getting psyched up for Vegas ... LOTS of poker awaits & plenty of mixed game tourneys to try and take down!
Oh, and I'm hoping to do another podcast episode in the next day or two.
Next: more poker ... hopefully with some run good!

No comments:

Post a Comment