Monday, May 24, 2010

USA Day 19

A relatively quiet day. Put the latest episode of the Donkcast together in the afternoon before heading to the Bike for what was supposed to be a short session at the Bike.
Four hours later I left the table with exactly my initial buy-in from a very interesting $2/3NL table. It started with the guy who raised every hand, often showing his bluffs, which got some other players at the table involved in the bluffing (the 'I'll show him how to bluff' mentality). After a number of players left, there was something of a quiet patch, before a player arrived who every now & then decided to tell you exactly what his hand was and what he was doing ... 'I have six-deuce' and when the flop came JT2 all spades, he would bet, saying 'I hit my deuce ... $15'. Of course this didn't happen every hand, and he would sometimes find other ways to announce his hand 'I have a flush and straight draw, I'm not folding this hand' on a board of KQ9 with two diamonds. Sure enough, a ten would hit the turn & he would be big & show his J5 of diamonds for a chop with the poor guy who flopped the straight with JT.
Of course I didn't pick up many hands, with my biggest being pocket jacks ... which ran into pocket jacks to chop the pot. Managed to get even for the night in a hand with the guy who announced his hand. I limped in early position with QJ & he announced 'I have ace ten, I raise to $15'. Of course with 3 others in the hand I called & saw a jack-high flop, which was checked around. On the turn 9 I bet, and was called by the guy with AT. When the ten came on the river I confidently bet again, and was called, showed my QJ & my opponent kindly showed me his AT.
Fun times.
Also this is my last night in Los Angeles. I have an early morning flight to Las Vegas, with lots more poker on the agenda when in town. Vegas also has the best late-night snack option around - The Earl of Sandwich at Planet Hollywood. Its like Subway, but with Foccacia-like bread. They also do a mean tomato soup!
Next on the agenda: Vegas baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment