Thursday, May 27, 2010

USA Day 22

In the money!
Officially 4th in the Omaha hi-lo at the Orleans, though the final 5 players made a deal, which saw me take home just over $4k. Not a bad start to my summer in Vegas! There were a few crazy moments, but I stayed out of the way of the action for the most part, though I did get bluffed out of a big hand when we were still at 2 tables. I picked up QQ52 (with two diamonds) in the SB & raised when it was folded to me. The BB (who had been playing fairly loose) called. The flop was JTT with two diamonds. I bet & the BB raised! I decided to call with my overpair & diamond draw, figuring that I might be in front, but even if I wasn't that I still had outs to improve (unless of course I had walked into a flopped full house). Of course the turn didn't help matter, bringing an offsuit ace, with the BB betting again & I called again. The river was another jack, for a final board of JTTAJ with no flush. I checked & my opponent bet (which put him all-in). The hands I could beat were bluffs & bluffs only. Any A, J or T has me crushed, KQ beats me (though unlikely when I have QQ myself) & the fact that he raised the flop & continued to bet when the ace came on the turn (a card I could conceivably hold when raising pre-flop) made me think I was beaten & I folded before too much damage could be done to my stack (it left me with about 130k with blinds at 10k/20k & levels of 20k/40k). Once the deal was made, he mentioned that that was the key hand for his tournament, and that he thought I knew I made a bad fold as soon as the hand was over.
After the tourney I headed over to the Hard Rock to get a ticket for Russell Peters' show later in the week, as well as to chek out the poker room over there. Got a decent seat for the Russell Peters show, but the poker room was dead, with only one $1/2NL table running. I picked up a cap & a magnet from the gift shop & headed back to the strip. Decided to hop on a ridiculously overcrowded Deuce to Downtown to check out Binions & the Golden Nugget, where I'll be playing some tourneys in the coming days & weeks. Both poker rooms were quiet & I was getting tired, so didn't hang around for too long before heading back to my hotel, where I seem to have now finally resolved the booking issues of the first few days.
Next on the agenda: Cash games tomorrow (Aria the likely location) & HORSE at the Orleans on Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment