Sunday, May 30, 2010

USA Day 25

Min cash time!
The HORSE tourney went south fairly quickly, with my demise coming in 48th place out of the 125 starters. Of course I simply ran horribly in the stud games & that was the end of my tournament. Of course the positive of this bustout was that I finished in time for the Omaha hi-lo to begin. I began very well & spent most of the tournament in the top few chips positions. Of course the structure for the Omaha was horrible (and was in fact the same as the HORSE, which started the previous day, when the Omaha was down to two tables!), so it became a game of flips when down to two tables, with each pot potentially creating a new chip leader. Of course I managed to run horribly when down to two tables & went from chip leader (or second) at the table to out in 13th place.
Decided to play a little limit Holdem after busting from the tournament (might as well play some cash at the Orleans, not just tournaments) & in typical limit fashion I managed to have AA cracked by A4cc after flopping top set when the board came running clubs & unless I managed to flop a set, any other pocket pair was also a loser.
Next on the agenda: a dilemma. I have a ticket to Russell Peters at 9pm, but am seriously considering playing the Omaha hi-lo at the WSOP, which starts at 5pm. Might play the WSOP, and skip a few hands to go to the Russell Peters show (which conveniently is around the time of the dinner break) & hope it doesn't effect my stack too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment